Design Books for Sale
Based in the UK? Like design, books, design books, book design?
I’ve got just what you need. I’m selling a few of my design books. These are all top notch and have served me well (some since the uni days). Today I’m all digital and sadly have no room for a physical book collection. I want to see them given a good home. Do that for me, please.
Books and Prices
I’m selling for around 50% off Amazon’s listing price:
- £10 – A Smile in the Mind _Beryl McAlhone & David Stuart _(Amazon £17.46)
- £10 – The Art of Looking Sideways _Alan Fletcher _(Amazon £19.46)
- £10 – Graphic Design, Referenced (buy this on eBay) _Armin Vit & Bryony Gomez-Palacio _(Amazon £17.50)
£4 – Just My TypeSold! _Simon Garfield _(Amazon £6.99)
- £4 – No Logo _Naomi Klein _(Amazon £7.69)
£20 – Pentagram MarksSold! _Pentagram _(Amazon £30.55) £5 – ConundrumsSold! _Harry Pearce _(Amazon £8.99) £7 – The Manual (Issue 1)Sold! _Andy McMillan _(The Manual $25.00) £5 – HTML5 For Web DesignersSold! _Jeremy Keith _(A Book Apart, $18.00) £5 – Life’s a PitchSold! _Stephen Bayley & Roger Mavity _(Amazon £6.99)
- £6 – How to be a Graphic Designer, Without Losing Your Soul _Adrian Shaughnessy _(Amazon £12.57)
- £10 – Logo Design Love _David Airey _(Amazon £18.19)
£20 – Explorations in Typography: Mastering the Art of Fine TypesettingSold! _Carolina de Bartolo _($65)
- £20 – Designers are Wankers_ Lee McCormack_ (out of print)
- £5 – Origami on the Edge _Xander Arena _(Amazon £13.04)
How to Buy
Contact me: [email protected] with the subject “Book Sale” or something equally relevant. Let me know which books you want (and at what price).
Payment / Shipping / Collection
UK ONLY. Bank transfer, or PayPal as a very last resort. Cash if you’re collecting in person. Postage & packaging will be £2–5 per book (more for some of the heavier ones), I’ll calculate depending on which books you want. We can haggle on a group discount. You can also collect for free if you’re London based (EC2 or nearby). Please note all books are obviously second hand but in decent condition. They’ve been on a shelf for a long time. In your interested I can take a few pictures and note any visual wear & tear (if any).
Student? No extra discount! Because let’s face it you’re blowing half your loan on booze; I’m sure you can spare a few pennies for a guy who’s paying his back. If you’re willing to buy and collect 3 or more books I’ll answer as many questions on the design industry over a free lunch.
Author? I know a few of you listed above have visited my blog. Firstly, your book was amazing that’s why I own it! Secondly, I’ll buy you a pint with the proceeds should we ever meet.
If you’re not interesting, give it a tweet at least!