Static design mock-ups may look pretty, but you can’t experience true performance in Photoshop. I prefer to work in iterations of design, prototype, test and review — allowing final decisions to be made in the browser.
Through coding I can deliver:
- An entire website …
- … or just a little bit of maintenance?
- Templates for many frameworks
- Pattern and component libraries
- Build and deployment workflows
- Performance and accessibility reviews
- Progressive web apps
Web standards are ever-evolving. I see each project as an opportunity to refresh my methods and hone my practice. I understand the quirks of old browsers and the benefits of new technology. I use progressive enhancement to deliver accessible websites based on an intrinsic knowledge of the front-end.
Favourite tools and technologies:
- HTML / CSS
- Web Workers
I’m not fussy. I can work with high-fidelity design software or back-of-the-napkin sketches. My background in design gives me an intuitive understanding to interpret, iterate upon, and best utilise visual concepts.
Whenever possible I share case studies and knowledge on my blog. Here’s a select few of my favourite articles:
- Cloudflare Pages and Workers
- Built with Deno
- Svelte vs React
- WordPress, Gutenberg, and Tips for ACF Blocks
- HTTP Security Headers and Inline Resources
- PWA: Progressive Web Apps
I also do…
Get a free quote
Interested in working with me? Send me an email with your requirements and I’ll happily provide a free quote and let you know my availability.